Our most popular rafting trips combined with the Durango Train
Rafting the Animas River in Durango, CO is consistently rated the highlight of vacationing visitors. Of all the things to do in Durango, the Class I, II & III rapids are enough action for experienced rafters yet won’t overwhelm novices or young children. Raft with us in the morning, take our courtesy shuttle to Rockwood Train Station, and enjoy a ride to Cascade on the historic Durango Train!
- 1 hour on the river, shuttle to Silverton, 3.5 hour Train Ride
- $205/adult and $155/child
- Call or email for Group Discounts
- Child is is 4 to 11 and must weigh at least 30 lbs.
- Arrive 20-30 minutes prior to departure
- 8:00am: Meet at our downtown office, free parking!
- 8:15am: Go Rafting!
- 10:30pm: Return from your raft trip
- 11:15am: Shuttle to Silverton
- 12:15pm: Arrive in Silverton
- Grab lunch, shop, enjoy!
- 2:15pm: Board Train and go for a ride back to Durango
- 6:15pm: Arrive back in Durango
TripAdvisor “Fun Entertaining and Safe”
We had a group of 16 and did their raft and rail package. It was well coordinated and fun. All the employees were professional and personable, they added to the experience. The train ride was about 3 and a half hours with lots to see including, deer, prairie dogs and a fox. Riding on a coal fired steam locomotive is a real step back in to the past. Our return trip was on a bus supplied by Mountain Waters Rafting and driven by Ben. Taking the train back is a little redundant and eats up almost four more hours. Our driver Ben gave us some great advice for our next day’s trip to Telluride, “take the Gondola down from Mountain Village”, thanks Ben. The river raft trip was a lot of laughs and a little wet, which was expected. Our guide/group leader, Doug, is amazing. He is able to both keep you entertained as well as safe. He was in charge of the four rafts and always kept an eye on everyone. When one of the boats got stuck he jumped to action and got them loose.