Double the adventure and thrills of the Animas River by piloting your own inflatable kayak (IK). You will be instructed and outfitted by our professional guides to pilot your Inflatable Kayak along with the raft trip.
This is the option to choose at low water and to up the adventure level.
Members of your group can choose to kayak or raft on the same trip!
- IK Trip Details
- Inflatable kayak age limit is 12 and up
- Half Day is $75 at 8:30, 11, 1:30
- Economy is $55 at 8:30, 11, 1:30 & 4
- Arrive 20-30 minutes prior to departure
- Quick-drying clothes: shorts, t-shirt, windbreaker
- Footwear that stays on, no flip-flops
- Bring sunscreen, bottled water, and a hat
- Wet suit rentals available for $5, full thermal $12
“2nd Year of Adventures with Mountain Waters Rafting”
My daughter and I went rafting with Mountain Waters Rafting when we first visited Durango in 2016 and had an amazing time with Marcus. When we discussed what to do this year in Durango (2017), rafting was at the top of our list. This year we had Dominique and Colin as our primary guides. We were in the inflatable kayaks again this year, and it was again a fantastic adventure. I highly recommend the 1/2 day (4-hour tour). This was awesome. Even with advice from Dominique, Colin, and Aaron, I ended up flipping my kayak in the whitewater park. But no worries, Colin came by in the raft and I was back in a boat within 2 minutes. Of course, my 13 year old daughter made it through the whitewater park no problem at all! The folks at Mountain Waters Rafting are great – and it was a highlight of our trip!