1 Day Upper Animas Silverton Stretch,
Class IV-V, 12 miles. Sun, Wed, Fri, or call.
At moderate to high flows this is one of the most demanding whitewater stretches in the US launching from Silverton, CO at 9,300 feet. Ten miles of challenging river culminates with Class V No Name Rapid. From here it is 2 miles of continuous whitewater dropping an amazing 120ft/mi ending at Needleton where we will board the train for the ride back to Durango. Outstanding, challenging, breathtaking: the definition of world class.
- Upper Animas Silverton Trip Details
- $269/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, train tickets, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age is 14 to 16. Sun, Wed, Fri, or call.
- 3pm the day before your trip for Orientation at our office at 303 W. College Dr.
- 07:30 – 08:00 ish: Meet and depart for Silverton from our office
- 09:30 – 11:00 ish: Ready rafts, safety orientation, get dressed, launch trip
- 11:00 – 12:00 ish: 6 miles of amazing scenery with several class IV Rapids
- 12:00 – 15:00 ish: 6 miles of the real deal and some lunch
- 15:00 – 16:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, load & ride train to Rockwood Station
- 16:30 – 17:30 ish: Continue on train to Durango or drive back with us
- Recommended 1 day Equipment
- Swimsuit for under the wetsuit
- Layers: synthetic shirt, fleece, underwear to complement the wetsuit
- Socks: wool or synthetic to wear with the booties
- Hat for under the helmet, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle
- Upper Animas Trips Require:
- A sense of adventure and an honest assessment of your physical condition
- Reservations are required for all Upper Animas Trips so we can reserve the train
- Experience & age requirements fluctuate with water levels
- This trip has a mandatory on river orientation the day before at 3pm
Upper Animas Video of Ten Mile Rapid at High Water
Upper Animas on Yelp
I went on an Upper Animas Trip in June and it was absolutely spectacular! I did the one day trip on the Silverton section which was a class IV-V. It was a wild and crazy ride and hands down one of the funnest things I have ever done. The guide was great and I felt completely safe the whole time. The best part was the scenery; it was some of the most beautiful country I have ever been through. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone who wants some more excitement and this is the company to do it with!
1 Day Upper Animas Silverton Stretch Class IV-V Sun, Wed, Fri, or call.
1 Day Upper Animas Needleton Stretch Class III-IV Mon, Thur, Sat, or call.
1 Day Upper Animas Rockwood Stretch Class IV Mon, Thur, Sat, or call.
1 Day Piedra River Class III or IV Trips Upper Box: Sun, Wed, Fri. Lower Box: Mon, Thur, Sat.
2 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches Sun, Wed, Fri, or call.
3 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches with a day in camp