3 Day Upper Animas Silverton & Needleton Stretches, Class IV-V, 24 river miles
This trip covers all 24 miles of the Upper Animas just like the 2 day with an additional day to layover in Camp Needleton. This is the gateway to the Weminuche Wilderness: Chicago Basin, 14 thousand foot peaks, spring time epic back country skiing, fishing the mighty Animas or hiking the largest wilderness landscape in all of Colorado. Or just play some horseshoes and putz around our super cool camp.
- 3 Day Upper Animas Trip Details
- $800/person: Price includes train tickets, all meals, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age minimum is 14 to 16 depending on flows
- 3 PM the day before your trip for Orientation at our office at 303 W. College Dr.
- 07:30 – 08:00 ish: Meet and depart for Silverton from our office
- 09:30 – 11:00 ish: Ready rafts, safety orientation, get dressed, launch trip
- 11:00 – 12:00 ish: 6 miles of amazing scenery with several class IV Rapids
- 12:00 – 15:00 ish: 6 miles of the real deal and some lunch
- 15:00 – 06:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, luxuriate at the Needleton Bar & Grill
remembering that what happens at the NB&G stays there
- 06:30 – 06:30 ish: Wow you get a whole day in one of the most amazing places on the planet, no big deal
- 06:30 – 12:30 ish: Breakfast, relax, load train, get dressed, launch rafts
- 12:30 – 15:30 ish: 12 miles of awesome rafting and lunch
- 15:30 – 16:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, load & ride train to Rockwood Station
- 16:30 – 17:30 ish: Continue on train to Durango or drive back with us
- Recommended 1 day Equipment
- Swimsuit for under the wetsuit
- Layers: synthetic shirt, fleece, underwear to complement the wetsuit
- Socks: wool or synthetic to wear with the booties
- Hat for under the helmet, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle
- Recommended Camping Equipment
- Long pants and or Long Johns
- Warm jacket, Rain Gear
- Toiletries and towel Insect repellent
- Sturdy shoes/boots, hat and gloves for around camp
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, sheets, cot
- Sheet or blanket as a sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Your preferred adult beverages
- Camera, fishing gear, games, books, guitar
We have camp rentals available: Sleeping bags/pads $10/night and tents $10/night.
- Upper Animas Trips Require:
- A sense of adventure and an honest assessment of your physical condition
- Reservations are required for all Upper Animas Trips so we can reserve the train
- Upper Animas Trips have a mandatory orientation at 3pm the evening before your trip
Orientation for the Needleton Trip is waived when river is below 500 cfs at Silverton
1 Day Upper Animas Silverton Stretch Class IV-V
1 Day Upper Animas Needleton Stretch Class III-IV
1 Day Upper Animas Rockwood Stretch Class IV
1 Day Piedra River Class III or IV Trips
2 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches
3 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches with a day in camp
Upper Animas Marathon Trip ALWAYS Class IV & V May & June
$349/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, train tickets, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
Minimum age is 16
See the 2 Day Itinerary
When the water is high and the crew is strong (we are very selective for this trip) the appropriate crew can run all of the Class IV & V rapids in one long challenging day. Prior experience is required so that we know that you know what you are getting into. Make your reservation today!