1 Day Upper Animas Needleton Stretch,
Class III-IV, 12 miles. Mon, Thur, Sat, or call.
The Durango-Silverton Train will take us to the halfway point in the canyon where this trip begins at Needleton. Here lies the start of 12 miles of the friendlier side of the Upper Animas. The river quickly gets your attention with Class IV Broken Bridge Rapid followed by miles of continuous Class II & III whitewater. Stunning scenery and fun whitewater action make this the foremost trip in the state for all experience levels!
Whitewater Rafting Upper Animas River Needleton Stretch Reviews
“Best rafting company in Durango!” 5 of 5 stars
“Upper Animas Insanity!!” 5 of 5 stars
“Upper Animas – Needleton section was intense and exhilarating!” 5 of 5 stars
“Upper Animas Needleton Rafting Greatness” 5 of 5 stars
- Upper Animas Needleton Trip Details
- $269/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, train tickets, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age is 12 to 14. Mon, Thur, Sat, or call.
- 3pm the day before: depending on weather, river conditions and or river flows a “meet & greet” or on river orientation will be required at our office at 303 W College Dr
- 07:45 – 08:00: Meet at our office and walk to the train station
- 08:45 – 11:30 ish: Ride the train to Needleton
- 11:30 – 12:30 ish: Ready rafts, safety orientation, dress for the river, launch trip
- 12:30 – 15:30 ish: 12 miles of awesome rafting and lunch
- 15:30 – 16:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, load & ride train to Rockwood Station
- 16:30 – 17:30 ish: Continue on train to Durango or drive back with us
- Recommended 1 day Equipment
- Swimsuit for under the wetsuit
- Layers: synthetic shirt, fleece, underwear to complement the wetsuit
- Socks: wool or synthetic to wear with the booties
- Hat for under the helmet, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle
- Upper Animas Trips Require:
- A sense of adventure and an honest assessment of your physical condition
- Reservations are required for all Upper Animas Trips so we can reserve the train
- Experience & age requirements fluctuate with water levels
- This trip may require a “meet and greet” or on river orientation at 3pm the day before depending on weather, river conditions and river flows
1 Day Upper Animas Silverton Stretch Class IV-V Sun, Wed, Fri, or call.
1 Day Upper Animas Needleton Stretch Class III-IV Mon, Thur, Sat, or call.
1 Day Upper Animas Rockwood Stretch Class IV Mon, Thur, Sat, or call.
1 Day Piedra River Class III or IV Trips Upper Box: Sun, Wed, Fri. Lower Box: Mon, Thur, Sat.
2 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches Sun, Wed, Fri, or call.
3 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches with a day in camp
Broken Bridge Rapid at High Water Class IV+