2 Day Upper Animas Silverton & Needleton Stretches, Class III-V, 24 miles. Photos
This is the number 1 multi-day raft trip in the state of Colorado combining the Silverton and Needleton Day Trips with a night at our exclusive riverside base camp. After an intense day on the Silverton Stretch relax while the guides entertain and cook for you by the campfire. Day 2 starts with a leisurely breakfast in the morning before continuing down the river filled with long stretches of continuous Class III & IV whitewater. The day ends with the famous D&SNG train ride back to Durango.
- 2 Day Upper Animas Trip Details
- $499/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, train tickets, meals, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age is 14 to 16.
- 3 PM the day before your trip for Orientation at our office at 303 W. College Dr.
- 07:30 – 08:00 ish: Meet and depart for Silverton from our office
- 09:30 – 11:00 ish: Ready rafts, safety orientation, get dressed, launch trip
- 11:00 – 12:00 ish: 6 miles of amazing scenery with several class IV Rapids
- 12:00 – 15:00 ish: 6 miles of the real deal and some lunch
- 15:00 – 06:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, luxuriate at the Needleton Bar & Grill
while the guides cook dinner, play horseshoes and chill by the riverside camp fire
- 06:30 – 12:30 ish: Breakfast, relax, load train, get dressed, launch rafts
- 12:30 – 15:30 ish: 12 miles of awesome rafting and lunch
- 15:30 – 16:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, load & ride train to Rockwood Station
- 16:30 – 17:30 ish: Continue on train to Durango or drive back with us
- Recommended Gear for Rafting
- Swimsuit for under the wetsuit
- Layers: synthetic shirt, fleece, underwear to complement the wetsuit
- Socks: wool or synthetic to wear with the booties
- Hat for under the helmet, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle
- Recommended Camping Equipment
- Long pants and or Long Johns
- Warm jacket, Rain Gear
- Toiletries and towel Insect repellent
- Sturdy shoes/boots, hat and gloves for around camp
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, sheets, cot
- Sheet or blanket as a sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Your preferred adult beverages
- Camera, fishing gear, games, books, guitar
We have camp rentals available: Sleeping bags/pads $10/night and tents $10/night.
- Upper Animas Trips Require:
- A sense of adventure and an honest assessment of your physical condition
- Reservations are required for all Upper Animas Trips so we can reserve the train
- Experience & age requirements fluctuate with water levels
- Upper Animas Trips have a mandatory orientation at 3pm the evening before your trip
Orientation for the Needleton Trip is waived when river is below 500 cfs at Silverton
A guest produced (Kerry K) 6 minute video of the 2 day Upper Animas Experience!
See 12 minute version Here.
2 Day Upper Animas by email
Dan, James, Guides and Staff of MWR,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We can’t say enough positive things about or experience with your staff and our awesome two day Upper Animas trip this past weekend, it was an amazing trip. You are all professional, knowledgeable, and all a blast to hang out with. From the start of planning this trip almost nine months prior to our departure date all of our questions and concerns were answered without delay. When we arrived at your office for our on water orientation your staff seemed as excited as all of us (15 total) to get on the water South of Silverton the next morning. Logistics were ran by the MWR guides like a well oiled machine, it never seemed like there was a glitch, at least none of us noticed if there was. The guides and safety personal were safe and professional, they took care of every detail, and made this trip one that will never be forgot by any of us. The Needleton Camp was absolutely amazing, words can’t describe that kind of scenery and beauty. The food was the best camp food I have ever had. Next time I will do the two night trip. Everyone of you should be applauded for the work and service you do for your clients. I know for sure that I will be back to do the Upper Animas, and when I do, I will do it with Mountain Waters rafting, the best in the business. Thanks for the memories! Sincerely,
Adam B and the rest of the crew
1 Day Upper Animas Silverton Stretch Class IV-V
1 Day Upper Animas Needleton Stretch Class III-IV
1 Day Upper Animas Rockwood Stretch Class IV
1 Day Piedra River Class III or IV Trips
2 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches
3 Day trip combines Silverton & Needleton Stretches with a day in camp