2 Day Upper Animas Silverton & Needleton Stretches, Class III-V, 24 miles. Photos
This is the number 1 multi-day raft trip in the state of Colorado combining the Silverton and Needleton Day Trips with a night at our exclusive riverside base camp. After an intense day on the Silverton Stretch relax while the guides entertain and cook for you by the campfire. Day 2 starts with a leisurely breakfast in the morning before continuing down the river filled with long stretches of continuous Class III & IV whitewater. The day ends with the famous D&SNG train ride back to Durango.
2 Day Upper Animas Trip Details
- $700/person: Price includes train tickets, meals, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age minimum is 14 to 16 depending on flows.
- 3 PM the day before your trip for Orientation at our office at 303 W. College Dr.
- 07:30 – 08:00 ish: Meet and depart for Silverton from our office
- 09:30 – 11:00 ish: Ready rafts, safety orientation, get dressed, launch trip
- 11:00 – 12:00 ish: 6 miles of amazing scenery with several class IV Rapids
- 12:00 – 15:00 ish: 6 miles of the real deal and some lunch
- 15:00 – 06:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, luxuriate at the Needleton Bar & Grill
while the guides cook dinner, play horseshoes and chill by the riverside camp fire
- 06:30 – 12:30 ish: Breakfast, relax, load train, get dressed, launch rafts
- 12:30 – 15:30 ish: 12 miles of awesome rafting and lunch
- 15:30 – 16:30 ish: Take out, change clothes, load & ride train to Rockwood Station
- 16:30 – 17:30 ish: Continue on train to Durango or drive back with us
Recommended Gear for Rafting
- Swimsuit for under the wetsuit
- Layers: synthetic shirt, fleece, underwear to complement the wetsuit
- Socks: wool or synthetic to wear with the booties
- Hat for under the helmet, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle
Recommended Camping Equipment
- Long pants and or Long Johns
- Warm jacket, Rain Gear
- Toiletries and towel Insect repellent
- Sturdy shoes/boots, hat and gloves for around camp
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, sheets, cot
- Sheet or blanket as a sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Your preferred adult beverages
- Camera, fishing gear, games, books, guitar
We have camp rentals available: Sleeping bags/pads $10/night and tents $10/night.
Upper Animas Trips Require:
- A sense of adventure and an honest assessment of your physical condition
- Reservations are required for all Upper Animas Trips so we can reserve the train
- Experience & age requirements fluctuate with water levels
- Upper Animas Trips have a mandatory orientation at 3pm the evening before your trip
- Orientation for the Needleton Trip is waived when river is below 500 cfs at Silverton
A guest produced (Kerry K) 6 minute video of the 2 day Upper Animas Experience!
See 12 minute version Here.