Class III, 10 miles
Join us around and during the month of May for a full day family raft trip for those wanting a wilderness experience combined with whitewater that is appropriate for families with a sense of adventure. The Piedra meanders through continuous class II+ whitewater in a classic rocky mountain setting. After lunch is when we enter the Upper Box Canyon and it’s two defining rapids, Lone Pine and Limestone. Outstanding beauty in a remote setting with lively water makes a great introduction to rafting in the Durango & Pagosa Springs area.
- Upper Box Piedra Trip Details
- $149/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, transportation, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age is 12
- 9:00 am: Meet at Piedra Store, 22391 US Highway 160,
mile marker 121, 34 miles east of Durango. Shuttle to put-in.
- 10:00 – 11:00 ish: Ready Rafts, Safety Orientation, Launch Rafts
- 11:00 – 12:00 ish: Scenic Class II-III
- 12:00 – 13:00 ish: Awesome Lunch
- 13:00 – 15:00 ish: Run two Class III+ Rapids: Lone Pine & Limestone
- 15:00 – 16:00 ish Take out, change clothes, load rafts, return to vehicle
- Recommended 1 day Equipment
- Swimsuit for under the wetsuit
- Layers: synthetic shirt, fleece, underwear to complement the wetsuit
- Socks: wool or synthetic to wear with the booties
- Hat for under the helmet, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle