A full day raft adventure in the mountains for families
Join us May and June for a full day family raft trip for those wanting a wilderness experience combined with whitewater that is appropriate for families with a sense of adventure. The Piedra meanders through continuous class II+ whitewater in a classic rocky mountain setting. After lunch is when we enter the Upper Box Canyon and it’s two defining rapids, Lone Pine and Limestone. Outstanding beauty in a remote setting with lively water makes a great introduction to rafting in the Durango & Pagosa Springs area.
- $149/person: Price includes river access fees, transportation, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Guideline age is 12
- 8:00 am: Meet 38 miles east of Durango where Hwy 160 & Co Rd 166 intersect at the turn off to the Piedra River Resort
- 10:00 – 11:00 ish: Ready Rafts, Safety Orientation, Launch Rafts
- 11:00 – 12:00 ish: Scenic Class II-III
- 12:00 – 13:00 ish: Awesome Lunch
- 13:00 – 15:00 ish: Run two Class III+ Rapids: Lone Pine & Limestone
- 15:00 – 16:00 ish Take out, change clothes, load rafts, return to vehicle