Tour: Durango Rock Climbing
Package: add a half day Durango raft trip
The preferred itinerary shown below is based on our 30+ years of experience. Nonetheless, we are happy to customize this package for you. Just give us a call to break up the trips over multiple days or to find out about alternative trip times!
See more rock climbing photos
Raft ‘n Rock, it’s as cool as it sounds.
This full day package is attainable for anyone and is tailored to your group. Raft the Animas River through town and climb at the X-Rock just minutes north of town. Boats to Ropes, challenge yourself, make a memory!
Mountain Waters Rafting is proud to partner with San Juan Expeditions Durango’s premier mountain guide service. All of San Juan Expeditions’ guides have received training from the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA).
- 8:00 AM Rock Climbing
- 1:30 PM Raft Trip
- Prices vary based on group size:
- 1 person – $365
- 2 people – $264 per person
- 3 people – $214 per person
- 4 people – $174 per person
- 5-6 people – $160 per person
- Groups of 7 or more please call for availability and pricing
- Just want to raft? $65/Adult & $55/Child
- Rafting: Child is is 4 to 11 and 30 lbs.
- Climbing must be 5 years of age and wear closed toe shoe
- 8:00 Departure, please check in 15 before departure at San Juan Expeditions’ office
- 12:00 Return from Rock Climbing and go grab some lunch
- 1:30 Depart for the Animas River, please check in 15 before departure at Mountain Waters Rafting’s office
- 5:30 Return from your rafting adventure and view photos from your trip!
Raft & Rock Review on Tripadvisor
Rode 1/2 day w/ Millie as our guide. Great ride through Durango & Mil was a fantastic guide. Got us through the rough rapids easily. Excellent scenery south of town. Enjoyed the longer trip.
Also did the rock climbing through Mountain Waters & it was a blast. Gary from Kling Mountain Guides was a great guide who was extremely patient & encouraging. Not a rock wall climb, X rock is very challenging, but extremely safe with back-up ropes. All climbing equipment provided, but bring lots of water.