Tour: Durango Rock Climbing
Package: add a half day Durango raft trip
Rock Climbing Packages are priced at 10% off.
Groups of 20-29 get 15% and 30+ receive 20%.
The preferred itinerary shown below is based on our 30+ years of experience. Nonetheless, we are happy to customize this package for you. Just give us a call to break up the trips over multiple days or to find out about alternative trip times!
See more rock climbing photos
Raft ‘n Rock, it’s as cool as it sounds.
This full day package is attainable for anyone and is tailored to your group. Raft the Animas River through town and climb at the X-Rock just minutes north of town. Boats to Ropes, challenge yourself, make a memory!
Mountain Waters Rafting is proud to partner with Kling Mountain Guides (KMG) Durango’s locally owned mountain guide service. KMG takes pride in being the Durango based mountain guide service that makes family fun their #1 priority! All of KMGs guides have received training from the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA).
The morning raft trips have a special quality to them in that there are almost never crowds, the morning light is beautiful and the trip starts with 3 miles of calm waters before hitting the whitewater sections at about 10 am.
- 8:30 AM Half Day Raft Trip
- 1:30 PM Rock Climbing
- $115.20/Adult & $106.20/Child
- Just want to climb? Adult or Child is $69
- Just want to raft? $62.54/Adult & $51.94/Child
- Rafting: Child is is 4 to 11 and 30 lbs.
- Climbing must be 5 years of age and wear closed toe shoe
- 8:30 Departure, please check in 15 before departure at our office
- 12:30 Return to the MWR office. Go grab some lunch
- 1:30 – 5:30 Check in at Back-country Experience/KMG at 1205 Camino del Rio just 6 blocks from Mountain Waters and go climbing!
Raft & Rock Review on Tripadvisor
Rode 1/2 day w/ Millie as our guide. Great ride through Durango & Mil was a fantastic guide. Got us through the rough rapids easily. Excellent scenery south of town. Enjoyed the longer trip.
Also did the rock climbing through Mountain Waters & it was a blast. Gary from Kling Mountain Guides was a great guide who was extremely patient & encouraging. Not a rock wall climb, X rock is very challenging, but extremely safe with back-up ropes. All climbing equipment provided, but bring lots of water.