Family Friendly Raft & Rail
High Adventure Raft & Rail
Groups: 10% for 10-19 people, 15% for 20-29, 20% for 30+
Military, Seniors and AAA always get 5% off!
The preferred itinerary shown below is based on our 30+ years of experience. Nonetheless, we are happy to customize this package for you. Just give us a call to break up the trips over multiple days or to find out about alternative trip times.
The morning raft trips have a special quality to them in that there are almost never crowds and the morning light is beautiful. The trip starts with 3 miles of calm waters before hitting the whitewater park at about 10 am. In July and August you will also avoid the afternoon mountain rains the locals call monsoons.
- 8:30 AM Raft
- 2:30 PM Train Ride
- Mountain Waters Rafting is proud to have been chosen to be the official provider of the D&SNGRR Raft & Rail package
- Raft & Rail: $184/adult and $144/child (4 – 11)
- 8:30 Depart for your raft trip from our office. Please check in by 8:15. River guides for the Raft & Rail Package have detailed knowledge of the area and its history to enrich your experience
- 11:00 While traveling the scenic Million Dollar San Juan Skyway you will learn history of the area and stop for a scenic photo on the routes highest mountain pass
- Vehicles have bottled water and a charging station for your phone or device
- 12:30 optional walking tour, meet in front of Bent Elbow 1114 Blair St
- Dine in Silverton or bring your own lunch for a picnic
- 2:15 Time to board the train to yesteryear
- Parking for this package is free for the day at Mountain Waters which is located just one block from the train
- Check out the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge/Raft Video featuring Mountain Waters Rafting here!
Mountain Waters Rafting is an authorized train ticket re-seller for the Historic Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad at no additional fee for your convenience. Call us to reserve your train tickets at 800-585-8243.
High Adventure Raft & Rail Package
- All Upper Animas Raft Trips include riding the D&SNGRR in or out of the canyon
- $269/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, train tickets, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Detailed descriptions and itineraries are available from here.
TripAdvisor “Fun Entertaining and Safe”
We had a group of 16 and did their raft and rail package. It was well coordinated and fun. All the employees were professional and personable, they added to the experience. The train ride was about 3 and a half hours with lots to see including, deer, prairie dogs and a fox. Riding on a coal fired steam locomotive is a real step back in to the past. Our return trip was on a bus supplied by Mountain Waters Rafting and driven by Ben. Taking the train back is a little redundant and eats up almost four more hours. Our driver Ben gave us some great advice for our next day’s trip to Telluride, “take the Gondola down from Mountain Village”, thanks Ben. The river raft trip was a lot of laughs and a little wet, which was expected. Our guide/group leader, Doug, is amazing. He is able to both keep you entertained as well as safe. He was in charge of the four rafts and always kept an eye on everyone. When one of the boats got stuck he jumped to action and got them loose.