Family Friendly Raft & Rail Packages
High Adventure Raft & Rail Package
Mountain Waters Rafting is an authorized train ticket re-seller for the Historic Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad at no additional fee for your convenience. Call us to reserve your train tickets at 800-585-8243.
The Family Friendly Raft & Rail Package Summary
- Mountain Waters Rafting is proud to have been chosen to be the official provider of the D&SNGRR Raft & Rail package.
- Train Package Discounts: 5% for 10-19 people * 10% for 20-29 * 15% for 30+
- Raft & Rail: $184/adult and $144/child (4 – 11)
- Do it all in a day or break up the package to fit your schedule
- Choose to raft our family friendly 2 hour trip in Durango at 8:30 or 4:00. River guides for the Raft & Rail Package have detailed knowledge of the area and its history to enrich your experience
- The train ride will be to or from Durango depending on your choice of raft trip time
- When making your reservation choose either an open air gondola
or enclosed rail car
- Complementary transportation to or from Silverton for the train includes an interpretive guide/driver and scenic photo opportunity at the highest point on the million dollar San Juan Sky way at 10,910 foot Molas Pass
- Vehicles have bottled water and a charging station for your phone or device
- All Raft & Rail Packages include an optional walking tour of Silverton at 12:30 daily and meets in front of Natalia’s 1912 Restaurant
- There is time to dine in Silverton or bring your own lunch to picnic in Silverton or eat on the bus or train
- Parking for this package is free for the day at Mountain Waters which is located just one block from the train
- Check out the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge/Raft Video featuring Mountain Waters Rafting here!
High Adventure Raft & Rail Package Summary
- All Upper Animas Raft Trips include riding the D&SNGRR in or out of the canyon that is the highlight of the train ride
- Depending on river flows trips are rated Class IV or higher, require an informational meeting and possible swim test the day before
- Cut off age fluctuates between 12 and 14 depending on flows
- $269/person: No hidden fees! Price includes river access fees, train tickets, lunch, all rafting equipment, wetsuits, and the best guides on planet Earth!
- Detailed descriptions and itineraries are available from here.
TripAdvisor “Fun Entertaining and Safe”
We had a group of 16 and did their rail and river package. It was well coordinated and fun. All the employees were professional and personable, they added to the experience. The train ride from Durango to Silverton was about 3 and a half hours with lots to see including, deer, prairie dogs and a fox. Riding on a coal fired steam locomotive is a real step back in to the past. Our return trip was on a bus supplied by Mountain Waters Rafting and driven by Ben. Taking the train back is a little redundant and eats up almost four more hours. Our driver Ben gave us some great advice for our next day’s trip to Telluride, “take the Gondola down from Mountain Village”, thanks Ben. The river raft trip was a lot of laughs and a little wet, which was expected. Our guide/group leader, Doug, is amazing. He is able to both keep you entertained as well as safe. He was in charge of the four rafts and always kept an eye on everyone. When one of the boats got stuck he jumped to action and got them loose.
D&SNGRR Cancellation Policy
Train ticket refunds/Cancellations are subject to a fee of $14.00 per adult ticket and $7.00 per child ticket if cancelled 5 days before your reserved date. There are no refunds issued on reservations cancelled less than 5 days before your reserved date.
D&SNGRR Change Fee: $6 per seat to change date, departure time, or car. All seats are assigned including those in the open gondolas.