How to become employed for the 2017 season with Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company of Durango, CO!
Our employees are the core of our company and why we excel in Durango’s competitive outdoor industry. We focus on creating a safe, fun, nurturing, exciting and stimulating environment for our employees. We look for individuals with a strong work ethic, personal integrity and who enjoy working with the public. We reward employees who make a multi-season commitment to us with our rewards program. The application begins with your resume emailed to email@example.com
Read more about who we are at MWR.
It’s always a great year on the river so call now to reserve your spot (2015 & 2016 Classes were full). We conduct two 7 day guide schools in May, details below.
Be a Mountain Waters trip consultant and experience all of our trips first hand! We believe you need to experience the trip to sell the trip knowledgeably. We will train you focused on customer service to get our guests to the appropriate adventure. This is accomplished through our cloud based reservation and payment system with our guests on the phone, in person or online. You MUST be detail oriented and task focused, responsible, a quick learner, and enthusiastic. We love what we do and have a passion to share it with others. Pay is dependent upon experience and demonstration of those skills. Prepare for your interview and know what it is that we do.
Reward Program: free guide school with your second season full time commitment in the office.
Drivers needed to transport clients and gear with our buses, vans WITH trailers.
Class B Commercial Drivers license with a Passenger and Air Brake endorsement.
Pre-employment and random quarterly drug screen per federal law.
Pay is dependent upon experience and knowledge of our routes. Reward Program: free guide school with your second season full time commitment driving.
Welcome Future Whitewater Guide Extraordinaire! 2017 Guide School!
We have structured our guide school to be a focused no nonsense program to get you certified in the state of Colorado to guide trips on the Animas River through downtown Durango.
Saturday, May 6th or May 20th, 2017
- Full payment ($299) is required to secure your spot. The last two years classes have filled.
- The best certified guide/instructors in Durango. You will feel the love!
- Our comprehensive 7 day, 50 hour course fulfills the State of Colorado’s Parks & Wildlife minimum guide qualifications to become a commercial river guide. Training will include: Rigging & Maneuvering the Raft, River Currents, Eddies & Waves, River Hazards, Types & causes of river rapids, Scouting & Running Rapids, River Rescue & Emergency Procedures, Minimizing outdoor recreation resource impacts, Proper fit, wearing & use of Personal Flotation Devices, Guest Orientation.
- Life jacket, helmet, thermal gear & all rafting equipment included.
- Post guide school gear use for those needing additional time on the river.
- Tuition does not include required equipment for your first regulated trip (check out trip)
- Your first regulated trip consists of guiding a raft of adult guests demonstrating your competence with a guide instructor on board. You must have your paper work (minimum guide qualification forms) complete and on file, current CPR and First Aid, your own PFD, whistle, knife, throw rope and utility line as well as adequate on river warm gear.
- CPR & First Aid classes will be scheduled before and after each guide school for $40
- All participant who complete all the course work have an opportunity to work for MWR
- Equally as important as the skills you acquire are the ones you bring to the table: work ethic, personal integrity and being personable with fellow employees and guests.
- Additional Certifications (EMT, Swift Water Rescue, Wilderness EMT and Wilderness First Aid) earn more.
- Reward Program: free swift-water cert with your second season full time commitment guiding. Our goal: the best most qualified guides on the river!
- Meet at 8 am at 21516 US Highway 160 west of Durango, Colorado behind the Quilt Shop next to Jiffy Lube ready to suit up in our wetsuits to go rafting. Bring adequate food, water and warm clothing for a full day of school that most people find exciting, tiring and filled with learning.
Dan & James
I attended Guide School with my two adult children last week. It was excellent, highly professional, well run, comprehensive and the guide instructors were awesome!. Doug led the instruction but Tarik, Anna, Roger, John, and Spencer were all knowledgable, caring, and professional in their individual instruction. Even the bus drivers were very professional and helpful. The Mountain Waters Guide School has my highest recommendation and already I miss the learning packed days we spent there. tripadvisor