2019 Employment with Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company of Durango, CO!
Our employees are the core of our company and why we excel in Durango’s competitive outdoor industry. We focus on creating a safe, fun, nurturing, and exciting environment. We look for individuals with a strong work ethic, personal integrity and who enjoy working with the public. We reward employees who make a multi-season commitment to us with our rewards program. The application begins with your resume emailed to email@example.com
Read more about who we are at MWR.
The funnest job in Durango! We conduct two 7 day guide schools in May, details below.
FREE GUIDE SCHOOL? Ask how to get your guide school fee reimbursed when hired.
Aspiring Guides, a Durango Herald Reporter is embedded in Rafting Guide School!
Be a Mountain Waters trip consultant and experience all of our trips first hand! We believe you need to experience the trip to sell the trip knowledgeably. We will train you focused on customer service to get our guests to the appropriate adventure. This is accomplished through our cloud based reservation and payment system with our guests on the phone, in person or online. You MUST be detail oriented and task focused, responsible, a quick learner, and enthusiastic. We love what we do and have a passion to share it with others. Pay is dependent upon experience and demonstration of those skills. Prepare for your interview and know what it is that we do.
FREE GUIDE SCHOOL with your second season full time commitment in the office.
Drivers needed to transport clients and gear with our buses & vans with trailers.
Class B Commercial Drivers license with a Passenger and Air Brake endorsement.
Pay is dependent upon experience and knowledge of our routes.
FREE GUIDE SCHOOL with your second season full time commitment driving.
Welcome Future Whitewater Guide Extraordinaire! 2019 Guide School!
We have structured our guide school to be a focused no nonsense program to get you certified in the state of Colorado to guide trips on the Animas River through downtown Durango.
Saturday, May 4th or Saturday, May 18th, 2019
- Full payment ($350) is required to secure your spot.
- FREE GUIDE SCHOOL? Ask how to get your guide school fee reimbursed when hired.
- The best certified guide/instructors in Durango. You will feel the love!
- Life jacket, helmet, thermal gear & all rafting equipment included.
- Post guide school gear use for those needing additional time on the river. We want you to succeed!
- Tuition does not include required equipment (about $150) for your first regulated trip.
- CPR & First Aid classes will be scheduled before and after each guide school for $40.
- MWR hires a majority of their trainees each year in both full and part time capacities.
- Equally as important as the skills you acquire are the ones you bring to the table: work ethic, personal integrity and being personable with fellow employees and guests.
- FREE SWIFTWATER RESCUE CERTIFICATION ($425) with your second season full time commitment guiding. Our goal: the best most qualified guides on the river!
- Our comprehensive 7 day, 50 hour course fulfills the State of Colorado’s Parks & Wildlife minimum guide qualifications to become a commercial river guide. Training will include: Rigging & Maneuvering the Raft, River Currents, Eddies & Waves, River Hazards, Types & causes of river rapids, Scouting & Running Rapids, River Rescue & Emergency Procedures, Minimizing outdoor recreation resource impacts, Proper fit, wearing & use of Personal Flotation Devices, Guest Orientation.
Dan & James
I attended Guide School with my two adult children last week. It was excellent, highly professional, well run, comprehensive and the guide instructors were awesome!. Doug led the instruction but Tarik, Anna, Roger, John, and Spencer were all knowledgeable, caring, and professional in their individual instruction. Even the bus drivers were very professional and helpful. The Mountain Waters Guide School has my highest recommendation and already I miss the learning packed days we spent there. tripadvisor